Thursday, April 12, 2012
Response to "A Flicker in the Night"
This short short is about a girl who loves and is accustomed to the nightly routine of her mother coming to check on her and turn her tv on. She is comforted by her mothers presence and the smell of her perfume.
I really enjoyed reading this short because it reminded me of how my mother was when I was little-exactly like this. My mom always checked on me before bed and I'd always pretend I was asleep when she came in. I loved how you captured the sincerity in the mother and the child, not to mention the love between the two. The little girl seems to really live for bedtime just for this to occur, as if maybe she doesn't see her mother during the day. I liked how you ended the story as well. The girl isn't awake when her mother comes in and because of this she can't sleep. I thought that a child who was used to this would react in this way. I found this short to be really believable and really enjoyed it overall-it brought back wonderful memories.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment