This story centers around the thoughts a mother has about her daughter getting married. She's reluctant towards this idea because according to her the two kids didn't do it the right way-meaning they didn't wait until they finished college and had jobs.
The mother or narrator gives us flashbacks about how she misses when her daughter Ruth was a little girl and how innocent and adorable she was. I liked that about this story. I liked how we could see the mothers reluctance within the different flashbacks, even though we learn she doesn't care for the wedding, the flashback scenes are very telling in my opinion. I like the mother's rationality about everything. She reminds me a bit of mine in that aspect. But I think I wanted to see more of the father's reaction to Ruth and Isaac's marriage. I think I wanted some dialogue between him and his wife about the marriage and maybe he sides with Ruth while she is just completely against the whole idea. I think an argument between them would be interesting and fun. Other than that, I thought this story was good.
No comments:
Post a Comment