Where to start tells the story of a boy who grew up very sheltered and will stop at nothing to "not become extinct." The story is told in first person as we see the narrators struggles with getting his parents to comply to allow him to do anything-his first day of middle school, he was taken right back to home school.
I liked the voice of the narrator and thought that it felt real. He had a typical teenage view of how his parents were treating him and wanted nothing but to escape their grasp, which is for the most part, the typical teenager. I would have liked to see a little more dialogue from the parents so I could see how protective they really were, or maybe a scene in which he asks to go somewhere and they flip out over nothing. Other than that I thought this story was good and the tension was believable. I also really loved how he finds out that the car was supposed to be his in the grandfather's will but I kind of wanted to see him confront the parents about it. Although I do think that him eventually running away does work, I just wanted him and the parents to fight. However, I enjoyed reading it!
No comments:
Post a Comment