This story is about a girl who is browsing around on Facebook while also remembering her brother who we learn at the end dies from Leukemia. While surfing around and reading different post from the people on her newsfeed she becomes disgusted with social media and the affects it has on people.
I really enjoyed this story and thought the angle that you took to write it was done very well. I loved how we didn't find out that Thomas dies until the end. I also loved how your character kept him alive so to speak through his facebook page. The coping mechanism there is quite powerful and it shows how different people cope with death. She says that she's keeping him "immortal" which is something the hospital couldn't do, when in reality we know that this idea may be a bit much, never-the-less, we understand that it is the way she chooses to cope with the loss of her brother. My only suggestion for the story would be maybe some more dialogue. I think I want to hear Thomas talk a bit more and I want to know more about him besides him being in the hospital with cancer. I think I want some more interaction between him and her, when he was alive, like some moments of nostalgia. Maybe she remembers something that happened or something they talked about before he got sick that would tell us a little more about him. Other than that, great story here.
No comments:
Post a Comment