This story centers around a boy named Jake who's very analytical and pretty much over thinks most things. He likes to watch the reactions of people from his actions. I liked the repetition of the word buzz used throughout in the story and then it ending with silence. The character reminded me of several people I know, and I found him to be really interesting. His luck doesn't change with his peers until hes sentenced to ISS basically with two other boys. He finds himself making friends with them and after sharing a joint finally is able to really just take things in instead of thinking about them, not to mention he's made some actual or seemingly actual friends.
I like the character in this story and I don't think he needs to change much, if any at all. However I would like to know a little more about him. What is his fascination with people's reactions toward him? He obviously doesn't really fit in, so was he picked on a lot, and that's why he goes about school this way? I think I want a little more background about him. I also would like to see what his new found friends really think of him. Are they just using him for the moment, or is he really going to become "one of them." Other than that, I really like the story and the buzz buzz contrast with the silence.
No comments:
Post a Comment