I enjoyed how the story began with the description of Beverly and Jessica walking up to the "World Wide Music" building and the image it presented, with the bird's nest and the "O" being repainted. The narrator allows you to feel the same way about the building and its uneasy-ness. There's a sense that this company can't be all its thought to be if the outside looks this way, not to mention Beverly's reaction to it all. I thought the waiting room atmosphere was described nicely and it reminded me of the various casting calls I went on with my brother back in the day. They all seem to be the same wherever you go.The descriptions of the internet sensations along with the overlap of worried thoughts from Beverly and excited thoughts from Jessica was done quite well. I also thought it was interesting that the songs Jessica seemed to be singing or hearing while messing around in the studio seemed to foreshadow what was really going on.
But there were times when I couldn't really tell who was talking and felt a little lost as to what was really going on. I thought maybe the part where all of the confusion occurs could be a bit more clear or perhaps the narrator could give little hints that would allow the audience to know who's talking or what's happening. I didn't really know if Jessica was playing music or if someone was in the booth singing/recording. Other than that I thought the story was really good and loved the idea of the "12-year old who grows up to fast because 13 is right around the corner and she thinks she all of the sudden grown," because everyone knows you're grown once you're a teenager.
No comments:
Post a Comment