I really liked how this story was written as it was happening and it covered like a 20 minute or so time frame. I like the idea of the two terrible men who break into his house so unexpectedly that the narrator is just blindsided and somewhat indifferent on top of being afraid. But then again, what do you really do in a situation such as that? I love how you described what was happening on the television along with the actual robbery like the narrator was comparing what was actually going on with that on the television(the whole "Wheel of Fortune" juxtaposing his life). I thought your use of poetic language and imagery was good as well.
There were times I felt like maybe there were too many explanations after your descriptions. I felt like some of the metaphors explained themselves and maybe you didn't need to tell us again. I also wanted to see more of the narrator. I liked how the dog seemed to play a big role in his life but I think I wanted more of the narrator. I guess a little back-story on him would've been nice. Other than that, I really loved this story and how it was written. I wanted to keep reading and maybe learn that he made it to the door or maybe he ended up getting shot? I kind of wanted him to barely escape, you know, he reaches the door and a bullet ricochet off the door. But overall great story.
No comments:
Post a Comment