"Kids" is a story told from the perspective of a shy somewhat nerdy young girl named Jenny while away at a Christian camp. The other girls seem to be fascinated with growing up too fast by shaving, wearing makeup, etc, while Jenny is more concerned with finishing her LOTR book.
I liked your descriptions of the girls in the beginning but I got bit confused when the story began with a flood of characters and then the main focus was only about two of them. I liked the idea of this story and how this is supposed to be a Christian camp yet girls will be girls and boys will be boys. Yet we have Jenny and she seems to be the only one who actually went to learn about Jesus.
I think I would've liked if the narrator and her cabin mates had been older, because they appear to only be about 11 or 12. I also felt that the narrator was so sheltered that I wanted her to be home-schooled or from a small town-close-knit community type of environment, some place where she wouldn't have had a lot of social interaction. I also felt like Jenny didn't change as much as I would've liked. I love your detail and imagery, but I want to see Jenny change and come out of her shell more.
No comments:
Post a Comment