I enjoyed the imagery in the story and I could imagine all of the scenes presented even on down to the way Diana peeks out of the dressing room to make sure no one else sees her in the dress. How many times have I done that? I liked how you used the play to help reveal Kate's personality toward Sean and also everyone else. She's only been cast as an extra yet she seems to feel that her role is just as important as the stars of the play. She compares the stress level of the play to that of her college application forms which I found ironic and great for her character. Her issues with identity were painted nicely especially during the dress rehearsal when she says "Hi, yes my name is Kate. I'm Diana's older sister..." I loved that.
In general I really enjoyed reading this story, however I think I'd like to know more about Kate and why she has these identity issues or even for instance with the play why she feels the need to be important. Diana seemed like the older sister at times to me and I wanted to understand their relationship a bit more. Is she prettier or smarter, is she more popular? Also
(and maybe its just me) but I kind of wanted to know what Sean was
really about considering he asked the both of the girls to prom when
Kate refused to go with him. I think the character development on both ends could help clear up a lot of questions.
No comments:
Post a Comment