I loved the story and your use of "military jargin" throughout it but I felt like I got lost in it at times and it distracted me a bit. I thought your use of detail and imagery was great especially concerning Isaac. Your story reminded me of my brother's letters that he would write back home while he was going through basic training, so I really liked how you gave us the sort of mental aspect of being a soldier. I kind of wanted the action to begin a bit earlier though I think. The real story doesn't begin until the missions start and I think I'd like to see more conflict between maybe Isaac and Maguire. I wanted to know what war exactly they were fighting in. Overall I really enjoyed this story.
Wednesday, February 22, 2012
Response to "Beyond the Line"
This story centers around war and how its main character Isaac deals with being a soldier and not only a soldier but a major. Even thought he's a soldier we learn how easygoing Isaac is through the narrators description of him and the interactions he misses with his wife. We also learn how sympathetic he is when he refuses to go along with the third mission which would result in the death of several school children. I'm assuming the war takes place in the middle east considering the subtle setting descriptions of the terrain, desert, and etc.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment